History of Oxtail Stew
Oxtail Stew is a typical dish of Cuban cuisine. It is mainly cooked in rural areas because in the butchers of our cities it is increasingly difficult to find goat meat. It is an easy recipe to make, but with some essential secrets to get an authentic and delicious taste. Oxtail Stew is a dish that has red sauce. To get this sauce with an intense and peculiar flavor, red peppers, tomatoes and abundant garlic are used. These types of preparations are an inheritance of Spanish cuisine, specifically from the region of Aragon. In Cuba, Oxtail Stew is a traditional dish that is less and less elaborated. That why it is so important for Cuban Food to share this recipe so that the tradition continues. If you do it at home do not forget to share your photos on our social networks.
Let’s prepare this delicious dish together.
- 2 lbs Oxtail
- I cup red table wine.
- 1 large onion (chopped well).
- 2 green peppers (well chopped).
- 5 cloves of garlic (well crushed).
- 1 cup olive oil
- Sauté crushed garlic and peppers in olive oil for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and spicy -a bit-
- Add the Oxtail and cook it for another 15 minutes.
- Pour the cup of wine and bake at 400F.
- Bake it for 1 hour.
- Serve it and enjoy it 🥘
This preparation gives 4 well-served portions in the style of La Rosa Restaurant.
Remember to visit us at our Restaurant :
For your take-out orders or reservations call us :
Tel: +1 (305)541-1715